A Medical elective internship Shanghai China is a great way to get in touch with the Chinese way of life. Are you ready to apply for your individual medical internship elective in Shanghai China? Experience Chinese culture and everyday clinical life first hand. Get in touch with medical experts at the Shanghai East Hospital in one of the most modern and vibrant cities of China!
Our expert tutors have more than ten years of experience with teaching international medical students. You are just one step away to start planning your unforgettable clinical rotation at our hospital in Shanghai China. Your preferred department choices and exact dates will of course be tailored to your individual needs. Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you to Shanghai to offer you a great learning experience in the clinical setting and to aid the start of your medical career.
-> Please note that Visa issuance has been severely restricted since March 2020 and application is only open only from September 2023 onwards at current. Thus far, no definite reopening date has been set. Acceptance depends on official policies. Due to communication with our Chinese partners still being disruptive, please exspect elongated processing times!
-> It is mandatory to contact us about your planned time period PRIOR to application at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply?
Please send us your complete application documents via email to: email@example.com.
Which documents do I need to apply to Medical elective internship Shanghai China?
- Letter of recommendation and good standing from your university or medical school
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Photocopy (We can NOT accept National ID Cards!)
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Passport style picture
- Application form Shanghai East Hospital
- Application form Tongji University
- Payment of the Application Fee (950 CNY)
Need more information about the Medical elective internship Shanghai China?
- You can pay your application fee conveniently and secure via PayPal or via bank wire transfer. In case you prefer paying via bank wire, please inquire with us for account information. Once you have wire transferred your Application Fee, please attach the bank receipt of the transaction to your application. The Application Fee is non-refundable and payable upon application.
- Please submit all of the application documents via email. Please note that we can only process complete applications, including the payment of the application fee and receival of ALL files.
- The application process is solely electronic. Thus, please do not send any original documents.
- Please apply at least 6 month before the intended starting date of your clinical rotation to allow for enough time for sending you your invitation letter and to apply for your VISA.
- The Rush Application is available for at least 3 month before the starting date of your rotation (Currently NOT available!)
- At current we can not offer any housing opportunity in Shanghai due to local legislation changes.
- Please note that it is your own responsibility to obtain a suitable health insurance covering your stay in China. A health insurance is an absolute prerequisite before you can start your clinical rotation at the Shanghai East Hospital. Please prepare to show proof of insurance after your arrival in Shanghai, if requested.
- All students need to obtain an F- or X-type Visa to start their elective placement at the Shanghai East Hospital. Once accepted students received their invitation letters from Tongji University, Visa application needs to be initiated. Unfortunately, we have no influence on the currently frequently changing VISA regulations.
- Please observe current Visa and Travel restrictions!
- The Application Fee is covering the cost of processing your application and is non-refundable!
- Please only send your applications to the official email address provided. Processing of all applications sent to outdated email addresses is not guaranteed.
Do you have any additional Questions?
Do you still have any additional questions or concerns before applying? We will be happy to answer any of your questions. In addition, we will be happy to assist you in case any problems regarding your application arise. We are looking forward to your application to the medical elective internship at the Shanghai East Hospital.
Please feel free to contact our consultants with any of your questions prior to applying.
We are looking forward hearing from you and hope to welcome you soon to our partner hospital in Shanghai China!
What about Program accreditation?
We advise all applying international medical students to become familiar with the specific regulations of their home university / medical faculty on the acceptance of clinical rotations performed abroad prior to application. Our program is already successfully accredited by all universities and medical faculties in Germany and many other countries (including 24 universities in 11 States in Germany and Universities in Austria, Australia, Hungary, the United Kingdom, the USA, Spain, Slovakia, etc.).
However, please be aware that each university usually reserves its right to decide about the acceptance of internship electives performed (Final Year Rotations, Praktisches Jahr – PJ, Famulatur) abroad on an individual basis nevertheless. Every applicant is solely responsible to ensure that credit will be granted.
Tongji University School of Medicine, the Education Office of the Shanghai East Hospital or Med’oPolo International Medical Internship Programs can not assume responsibility in case credit is denied in certain individual cases to any student, who has not made inquiries at their home faculty prior. Our program has never encountered any case of accreditation refusal over the past decade.
Data disclaimer: Please be aware that we will forward all or parts of your data provided for application, as necessary, to our partners at the Shanghai East Hospital Education Office and Tongji University School of Medicine. Therefore, all data provided will not be covered by the legal data protection policies of the European Union, but solely be governed by Chinese legislation. Even though the Shanghai East Hospital and Tongji University School of Medicine keep all of our student data strictly confidential, we do not have any influence on possible further data dissemination by our chinese partners, such as any government or executive entities within PRC.