Medical elective internship Shanghai China. Are you ready to apply for your individual medical internship elective in Shanghai China? Experience Chinese culture and everyday clinical life first hand and get in touch with medical experts at the Shanghai East Hospital in one of the most modern and vibrant cities of China! Our expert tutors have more than ten years of experience with teaching international medical students. You are just one step away to start planning your unforgettable clinical rotation at our hospital in Shanghai China. Your preferred department choices and exact dates will of course be tailored to your individual needs. Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you to Shanghai to offer you a great learning experience in the clinical setting and to aid the start of your medical career.
How to apply?
Please send us your complete application documents via email to: email@example.com.
Which documents do I need to apply to Medical elective internship Shanghai China?
- Letter of recommendation and good standing from your university or medical school
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport Photocopy (National ID Cards can NOT be accepted)
- Passport style picture
- Application form Shanghai East Hospital
- Application form Tongji University
- Payment of the Application Fee (950 CNY)
Need more information?
- You can pay your application fee conveniently and secure via PayPal or via bank wire transfer. In case you prefer paying via bank wire, please inquire with us for account information. Once you have wire transferred your Application Fee, please attach the bank receipt of the transaction to your application. Please note that the Application Fee is non-refundable and payable upon application.
- Please submit all of the application documents via email. Please note that your application can only be processed after your payment has been booked and ALL files have been received.
- The application process is solely electronic, no original documents are required.
- Please apply at least 6 month before the intended starting date of your clinical rotation to allow for enough time for sending you your invitation letter and to apply for your VISA. The Rush Application is available for at least 3 month before the starting date of your rotation.
- If you wish to reserve placement in Med‘oPolo housing, please indicate on the application documents. Please be prepared to arrange for private accomodation in any case since we are currently establishing new housing possibilities at the moment. You will be informed when housing becomes available. If there is a free placement, you will be able to reserve it well in advance. At current we can not offer any housing opportunity in Shanghai due to local legislation changes.
- Please note that it is your own responsibility to obtain a suitable health insurance covering your stay in China before you can start your clinical rotation at the Shanghai East Hospital. Please be prepared to show proof of insurance after your arrival in Shanghai, if requested.
- All students need to obtain an F- or X-type Visa to start their elective placement at the Shanghai East Hospital. Once accepted students received their invitation letters from Tongji University and/or the Shanghai East Hospital, Visa application needs to be initiated. Unfortunately, we have no influence on the always changing VISA regulations.
- All applications sent to any other or outdated email addresses except the official ones provided here can not be guaranteed to be processed.
Do you have any additional Questions?
Should you still have any additional questions or concerns before applying, we will be happy to answer any questions and to assist you with any problems regarding your application to the medical elective internship at the Shanghai East Hospital.
Please feel free to contact our consultants with any of your questions prior to applying or if you have any other problems submitting your application.
We are looking forward hearing from you and hope to welcome you soon to our partner hospital in Shanghai China!
What about Program accreditation?
All applying international medical students are advised to become familiar with the specific regulations of their home university / medical faculty on the acceptance of clinical rotations performed abroad prior to application. Our program is already successfully accredited by all universities and medical faculties in Germany and many other countries (including 24 universities in 11 States in Germany and Universities in Austria, Australia, Hungary, the United Kingdom, the USA, Spain, Slovakia, etc.). However, please be aware that each university usually does reserve its right to decide about the acceptance of internship electives performed (Final Year Rotations, Praktisches Jahr – PJ, Famulatur) abroad on an individual basis nevertheless. It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure that credit will be granted. Tongji University School of Medicine, the Education Office of the Shanghai East Hospital or Med’oPolo International Medical Internship Programs can not accept responsibility in case credit is denied in certain individual cases to any student, who has not made inquiries at their home faculty prior. Our program has never encountered any case of accreditation refusal over the past decade.
Data disclaimer: Please be aware that we will forward all or parts of your data provided for application, as necessary, to our partners at the Shanghai East Hospital Education Office and Tongji University School of Medicine. All data provided will hence not be covered by the legal data protection policies of the European Union, but solely be governe All provided data will Even though the Shanghai East Hospital and Tongji University School of Medicine keep all of our student data strictly confidential, we do not have any influence on possible further data dissemination by our chinese partners, such as any government or executive entities within PRC.